At MCC Consulting, we believe talent is our most important asset. And so, we have evolved and offer total remote work from anywhere in the world. Anywhere you are, we can join us and work with us.
MCC Consulting is looking for a Senior Developer role who holds responsibility for working closely as part of a team of software developers in the creation of high-quality software applications within an Agile environment and keeping up to date with the latest relevant technological innovations.
What you’ll be doing
• Be an integral part of the development team, actively forming a deep understanding of and contributing towards development of tools, services and platforms.
• Review and regularly contribute to the ongoing improvement of team practices and Ways of Working with an aim to making the team more effective and improving delivery. Where appropriate you will lead on delivering changes in working practices.
• Collaborate with other teams – both within the Technology & Product department and across the business - to identify improvements to existing processes and services or where new services could be developed.
• Work closely with key stakeholders in the collection and documentation of user requirements and the development of user stories.
• Plan, write, test and maintain code for web, mobile and desktop business applications in accordance with established standards in an Agile environment
• Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
• Work closely with the quality teams to ensure that standards are maintained and improved.
• Provide third-level support to business users.
• Adapt and learn to work with other languages/platforms where required.
• Develop a deep working knowledge of the application, how it is structured, which areas of code are responsible for which functions.
• Troubleshooting and resolution of helpdesk support tickets
• Development of new features and functionality within existing products.
• Translate technical jargon into plain English and effectively communicate with non technical stakeholders. Contribute to the product roadmap and development of future features and products.
• Assist in the development of junior team members
• You will from time to time be required to undertake other duties of a similar nature as reasonably required by your line manager commensurate with the nature and level of the role.
The ideal candidate will have experience with
• .NET Framework and .NET Core
• ASP.NET MVC and Web forms
• HTML / CSS / SASS
• RESTful APIs
• SQL Server
• Entity Framework
Nice to Have:
• Windows services
• KnockoutJS / Durandal
• DevOps experience
• Familiarity with AWS environments, services and APIs.
• Continuous Integration
• Security best practices (OWASP, ISO 27001, ISO 27032)
• Microservice Architecture
• Open source contributor
• Certified Scrum Professional
• Understanding of principles of scalable applications
• Familiarity with multiple design and architectural patterns
• Can leverage asynchronous programming, queuing, caching, logging, security and persistence when appropriate • Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to inspire and motivate
• Degree educated in a relevant discipline
If you are interested in this position and in a new professional challenge, contact us!